Friday, July 30, 2010

Blood. Sweat. And Bruises. And Splinters...

Have you ever walked through the mall and looked in the a store's windows? You probably have a million times, but I bet you never think about what goes into those windows. The ridiculous displays that sometimes look like they were just thrown in there. The odd things hanging from the ceiling. The mannequins that look like they woke up and put one of everything on. And then... when you come back the next week to return whatever you bought on a whim, they are totally different. Well that's what I do. Only for one store though, but it feels like I do it for all over the stores, at least, we're the only ones that do it as often as we do. It drives me bonkers. 


I just changed the four mannequins on Tuesday, and they had to be changed again on Thursday. Along with all of the posters and odd hanging pants and lamps that I put up last week. Let me tell you, those lights in those windows GET HOT. They never get turned off. This week the company (which shall remain nameless, though there is a bird in the title) decided we needed to have 6 hanging pieces of low grade plywood and put a sign on it and hang jeans from it. WTP!!! (What the Pajamas!) That's not even the half of it, but I'll leave it there for now.


I decided it was a good idea to have an Amp'd (energy drink) last night to make sure I was awake. Well, I sure was awake with the nasty headache it gave me. I got off work just after midnight, but didn't fall asleep for 2 hours despite how cruddy I felt. I woke up with the headache too, at 630 with the darn dog barking downstairs non-stop in single barks. She's 14, she doesn't know what she sees or hears, she does what she wants (sound like a old lady in your life?).  I was supposed to make my famous pudding cookies for my fiancee today for his birthday, but that's not happening. He's got a raincheck. I'll have to post some pics and the recipe next week when I make them. They are the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've run into yet!




Those of you that are Snugglie Bag fans, I added 5 to my Etsy store this week. Here's a pic of one that had this fabric I was dying to use!



I'll probably have more up there mid-week, too. I need to get some more boy colors up there!



And onto everyone's favorite part, the freebie! This is number 42 for those of you that are counting! Click the preview below to download!

Your template will not have the white border seen in between the photos. It's only there so you can see that there are spots for 3 photos. Don't forget to check my older posts for more template freebies!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 13 post on Aug. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [01 Aug 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much!
    jill

    ReplyDelete