Wednesday, June 4, 2008

first layout in a long time!

After watching many other auctions do well lately, I decided to venturing back to my beginnings: layouts!

It's a fairy layout with tear bears. here's a pic:




My biology class ends in a week and I can't wait!! It's driving me bonkers! I have literally 2 assignments due everyday! I sat down today and did like 3 of them just do I could work on a poster today and tomorrow that have to be done before I can start on the powerpoint that goes with them next week.

(I still have that rash from the field trip....?!?!)

Has anyone done the "Running of the Brides"? I am thinking about doing it this year :)
Check it out:
http://www.filenesbasement.com/bridal.jsp

My bf hasn't OFFICIALLY proposed but we already know we're going to be together for ever:)

Which brings question: is buying a dress before you're engaged bad luck????
I need opinions!


2 comments:

  1. I work for Filene's Basement and I'm the 'go to' person for anything "Running of the Brides." If you want to be part of the ‘rush to the racks,’ then you should get there around 6am. But if that’s not your idea of fun, plan on arriving later. Even though the line to get in at 8:00am looks long, you have to remember, most of those people are helpers, not brides to be. The early brides will have either made or narrowed down their selections by late morning and most of the gowns are back on the racks. Plus, if you are shopping alone or with just one helper, it’s a lot easier if you arrive later when you can shop at your own pace. There will be over 1500 gowns to choose from at the Filene's Basement in Chicago (State St. store)on July 25th--we only sell a fraction of them. Your odds of finding THE dress are excellent.
    Approx 90% of brides who come to the event find their dream dress. It's worth the trip.

    P.S. My friend bought her gown at the ROTB when there were no guys on her radar whatsoever. She walked down the aisle in it a year and a half later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! I was thinking about going even earlier than that but if you say six then six it will be! I am going early mostly because I need a 14-16 and I don't think they'll have many? I have two helpers as of now, more to come hopefully.

    Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete